Saturday, December 14, 2013

The past year - The Ilze Halliday Foundation

The past year - The Ilze Halliday Foundation

As you may have noticed, this past year has been extremely hectic on more levels than one. I managed to single handedly establish a foundation with the main goal of providing to those in need, especially the children. 
I have to be honest. It has not been an easy road, but I will never change anything for the world. I've learned so much during this year, trial by fire you might say. Working with these people changed my life profoundly and I have absolutely no regrets. This has been my calling....and God has provided and guarded me at times when I had to venture in to relatively dangerous areas. For me, this work is an opportunity to make a difference, because maybe, someday, some little kid will remember there was one white lady that cared.
You see, poverty and disability is colour blind....we need to give those people a chance in life. And, as I stand at the eve of a new year, I have great plans and already projects in the works. I know God will help me every step of the way...and I sometimes wonder who is the one sharing the goodies....I have received more in this year, than ever before... I have been blessed, my eyes have been opened to an entire new world outside of the naive, safe world we live in.... and I thank God for this opportunity. I've met the most wonderful, special people in the process.
Doing what I do gives you a chance to really appreciate life, the life that was given to you. I look out to my facilities and I see more and more needs arise daily....you know, I understand that I cannot change the world....but let me tell you....I AM GOING TO GIVE IT ONE HELL OF A GOOD TRY!!!!

God bless and keep safe during the season of wonder.

With all my love

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment