Saturday, December 14, 2013

29 November 2013 - Eersterust Care and Training Centre - The Ilze Halliday Foundation

29 November 2013 - Eersterust Care and Training Centre - The Ilze Halliday Foundation

(For pic's, follow link above)

I have no words to describe my experience at ECT....those children, most of them wheelchair bound....it touches my heart deeply. My thanks to mr and mrs Hoods for having me and most of all, the precious children. Poverty is one thing, you know, but seeing children in these conditions is just heart breaking. But the love they give...we can learn something here....they give love without wanting anything in return...you don't find this anywhere in the world today. They are the innocents amongs us. Fanus Rautenbach, a media personality in SA, used to call them 'hemelkinders' (children from heaven)...and that is exactly what they are. During my story I had an autistic angel...but she definitely didn't let that stop her...precious beyond words. Thanks to all the staff at the centre and thanks to the children....you showed me that, despite any disability, you can still be SOMETHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment