Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Facility registrations update - The Ilze Halliday Foundation

Facility registrations update - The Ilze Halliday Foundation
What wonderful news I received today when our area coordinator sent me the final list of facilities that will benefit from Santa Shoebox Project this year. I am thrilled to report that, out of the 9 facilities I visited, 7 of them made it to registration, with 2 of those on the waiting list. 
There's quite a lot of work still ahead for me, though. The facilities must supply the names of the children, it must be sent to Cape Town head office and then it can be placed on the SSB website.
Also, the venue commitments need to be signed and forwarded before mid-June. These are necessary for the events held at the facilities during which the boxes are handed out to the children.
All in all, it was quite wonderful to contact the facility managers today and give them the good news. They were SO happy!

On another subject....Ikaneng drop-in and daycare received a donation over the week-end and their manager sent me a list of necessities that I can buy for them. Next week I'll be driving out there again to deliver the items. It really warms my heart to see that there is still good people out there...people who really DO care for others. Sometimes I think that we've become blinded by all the evil in the world, blind to the fact that there is a lot of kindness to be had in the world, all you have to do is look for it. And, yes, perhaps this proves that there IS hope for us, after all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment