Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A HUGE THANKS - The Ilze Halliday Foundation

A HUGE THANKS - The Ilze Halliday Foundation


It is with enormous gratitude that I accepted a donation from the staff of Ackerman's Quagga Centre today. Said donation consists of items marked as redundant and set aside for distribution to charity organizations. Neo heard about us and decided it will be a good idea if the items can be delivered to rural facilities where the need for warm clothing is growing as the days grow colder. Later this week I'll go through all the stuff and decide where to send it. Some of it I will hold on to, as it can be used as fillers for our Santa Shoeboxes in September/October. I hope that others will quickly follow Neo's example and, instead of throwing things away, rather give it to someone who can arrange transport to a place where it will alleviate poverty. (And I'm not only talking about clothing here....remember the furniture, blankets and food?)

No comments:

Post a Comment