Monday, February 25, 2013

SSB - what a week!

Since our meeting on Wednesday, I've actually done the following:

1) Began sourcing for venues and new facilities
2) Actually found a possible venue (at our church - Rietfontein Baptist Church), but it has to be approved by
    the church council who has a meeting on the 8th of March - HOLD THUMBS PEOPLE!!
3) Inquired about alternative venues (I am not a trusting person, and want to keep ALL options open, you
    see...what if the church declines my request?). A friend gave me plenty ideas about places that may be
    possible so the coming week will see me contacting a few people.
4) Sourcing the facilities starting yesterday and the same 'venue-idea-friend' has a few contacts at children's
    homes, retreats and places of safety around the rural, Northern parts of Pretoria....she'll get the contact
    details and I'm holding thumbs that most of these facilities will be suited for the purpose of SSB.

Well, today I'm sitting in front of my computer (no surprise there) and hoping to update my site and finish some of the pages there that still needs some love and attention.

I'll keep you posted, but in the meantime....please contact me if you know about a venue we can use from the 23rd to the 30th of October for the 'drop-off'. Said venue should be in Pretoria Moot, North or Montana areas  have ample parking, preferably little or no stairs, and it must be secure for keeping the boxes in storage during the week. It would be really great if the venue's owners will consider allowing us to use the facilities as their way of 'donating' to the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment