Thursday, February 28, 2013

General IHF update - The Ilze Halliday Foundation

General IHF update - The Ilze Halliday Foundation

Regarding the website......I still have the pages about Annebel Foundation and Wolmer Community Project to complete, then it will all be over and done with (sigh!). The Santa Shoebox Project-pages are all done and you can have a look at them by clicking here.
I've been busy during the past week and finally applied to be of assistance at another project too....the Reach for a Dream Foundation. The selection process is quite intense and not just anyone can become a volunteer; so I'm waiting patiently for the results. Will keep you all updated, though.
I am also planning a reading program. This is still in its 'how to'-phase, but the basic idea is just that I had this idea of going to daycare centers and playgroups, reading to the children. But also, not just READING a story...I want to make it interesting..like wearing a costume or a wig, perhaps getting the kids involved by playing dress-up or using puppets... I think it might work, but I really have to think it through carefully before I give it a test run! 
That's it then, for now, people. Have a wonderful Friday tomorrow and enjoy the week-end!
God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment