Saturday, January 11, 2014

JANUARY IS STATIONERY MONTH!!


Yes, I'm asking for stuff AGAIN!!! Don't I always! Anyway, this year, I'm going to focus on some type of item every month and all I am asking is that, if you can find it in your heart, to purchase that one item extra when you're at the store, please do so. If you live in Pretoria, give me a call and I'll collect gladly, otherwise, please contact me or complete the contact form, so that we can make alternative arrangements. Funds to purchase these items will also be welcomed. (Click here for account details.)

So, this is January, in South Africa it is back-to-school month and we are all off to the stationery stores like CNA and Graffiti to buy the kid's school necessities. However, I need you to keep something in mind while you are spending all that (huge amounts of) money on school clothes, educational supplies and school fees...please REMEMBER there are actually people in our country (and for that matter, all over the world) that cannot afford to do the same. I know of many here in Pretoria that cannot even buy a pencil or two for their children, much less pay the inevitable school fees or buy the expensive school wear. I think every child in the world is entitled to an education and to be able to do so with the basic supplies. As many people obviously don't care, I call on all of you who took the time to read this to open your hearts and consider those among us that cannot enjoy a proper education. Give something back to the community today...even if it is just a small donation or one single item...somewhere, someone will be able to use it well. 

I call on you then, while you are out shopping, to buy an extra packet of pencils, pens, erasers, whatever, and give me a call...I guarantee you that your donation will find its way to someone who will appreciate it. 

REMEMBER....nothing is too small or insignificant to make a difference in the lives of those who have nothing.


Thank you all and God bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment