Wednesday, September 25, 2013

SORTING DONATIONS - The Ilze Halliday Foundation

SORTING DONATIONS - The Ilze Halliday Foundation



In an earlier post I mentioned the generous donation by Ronel Dixon (the lady involved with Community Gardening in rural areas). I finally got around to sorting out the toys my friend Ursula so kindly allowed me to store at her place. Some of these will go towards supporting the Santa Shoebox project, while others (especially the puzzles, legos and sports equipment) will go to some of the facilities I help regularly. At the moment I'm busy cleaning all the soft toys (hence this invasion of teddies in my laundry room) in preparation for the final HUGE sorting of Santa Shoebox stuff lying in wait somewhere else in my house (I SO wish I had more storage space!) 
The rest of the week will see me collecting trolleys from Ronel (she has about 12 supermarket trolleys at her storage facility), which will be used on drop-off days. In addition to this I'm planning to finish the sorting and boxing of fillers + I want to finish wrapping the empty shoeboxes I have...so, you see, no peace for the wicked!
Now, don't you start thinking that I'm complaining at all....I LOVE this work. That is the thing when you do something 'just because'....the feeling of fulfilment is indescribable. In moments like these I can do nothing but thank the Lord for sending me on this mission. I know I will never change the whole world....but knowing this doesn't mean I shouldn't try!

No comments:

Post a Comment