Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year's wishes... - The Ilze Halliday Foundation

New Year's wishes... - The Ilze Halliday Foundation

I wish to all a very blessed 2014....and thank you all for your constant support during 2013. Without your help I would not have been able to give so much to others. Know that your gifts, kindness, donations, funds, etc were much appreciated by those on the receiving end of it. All my projects have been so successful and blessed, so, thank you all very much.

I am still spending some time with the family and, as school starts on the 15th of January, I will be busy preparing the little ones for that 'inevitable' journey. This year I'm blessed with one at university, one in high school and one in primary school...and the one at university is planning a wedding too! Of course these commitments will not keep me from reaching out and doing the job I was called to do.

I have plenty planned for this foundation in 2014 and the work will begin in earnest on Monday, 20 January....so just watch this space for lots of action!!!

Let me quickly give you an idea of what I'm going to be working on this year. Perhaps some of you can come of with more ideas on how to improve these projects, perhaps some of you can donate your time, items or funds toward some of these....perhaps some of you can only afford to pray for the success of these projects....whatever you can do, I will very much appreciate it.

Here is the list of (so far) six projects I'm planning to work on:
  1. training course in Counselling....I'm planning to kick this of in Eersterust, and perhaps continue from there to other areas around the city.
  2. Teen pregnancy support ...I'm doing this with a colleague of mine and we plan to start this programme in schools around Pretoria
  3. An art festival...it will start out as an art competition amongst my various facilities, with the winner having his/her own art show at the end of this year.
  4. fashion show for young children (aged 2-10) in August in honour of Women's Day. I'm doing this with a friend who contacted me during 2013. She is a very talented designer and seamstress and we are going to start by having a 'beauty contest' amongst the children of the facilities, choosing a few to model the clothes on the day. We already have a venue, and are looking for people/businesses to sponsor the caterers, material, etc. The funds will all go toward charity and my facilities will be given the opportunity to 'advertise' their services on the day of the show.
  5. I will, once again be involved in the Annebel Foundation...but will have to seek out a new school. Hopefully I will be able to start a new Annebel club closer to home or perhaps run it in conjunction with the teen pregnancy project.
  6. Last, but not least, I plan to be involved in the Santa Shoebox Project again. 

So, people, as you can see I have a full and very busy year ahead of me....please pray that I will have the strength, energy, patience, willingness and TIME to do it all!


No comments:

Post a Comment